Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rapture Comes in Form of Junk Email; No one Gets Raptured


            Last Wednesday, God began the rapture, to bring the apocalypse by taking the world’s innocent and righteous off the world before the chaos and destruction wrought by Satan begins.  In his eternal wisdom, He decided to begin the rapture in Iowa City by releasing a UI Email.  Anyone who simply opened up the email would immediately be raptured to Paradise, and enjoy eternal glory with the Father in a timeless utopia of peace.  Too bad no one ever reads University Emails.

            Jesús Christiansen, a devout Catholic and genuinely good person, said the following, “I would gladly give my life doing God’s work.  I worship and praise him every day.  And I know God works in mysterious ways.  I think that his decision to send the rapture in email form and then begin that email with “[UnivAdm]” is perhaps his most mysterious act yet.”  Jesús refused to deny his faith in the Lord, even at the point of a snickering demon’s pitchfork.  But he did admit that he didn’t quite understand why email form.  “I mean, the Lord is All-Powerful.  Surely he would be able to bring about the rapture in a more precise way, and in definitely a less mundane fashion.”

            God, feeling he had a few things to explain on the matter, said the following: “I thought everyone might at least open the email.  It’s not like I didn’t give any advance warning… although all the advance warnings were also in UI email form… so maybe I didn’t think this one out well enough.  I just figured that if the University of Iowa sends out all of its most important information via [UnivAdm] emails, it’d be a safe bet to use that trusted tag.  I mean, people get weird emails about going to Hell and whatnot, and I figured that if just sent a regular email about the rapture, everyone would immediately assume there was a virus on that email, or that the email would say they’d be damned to hell if they didn’t forward that email fifty of their friends.  Maybe I'll try something else with Iowa State.  They need all the help they can get...”

            God later added “By the way, hackers are sooo gonna get it on Judgment Day…”

No comments:

Post a Comment